The Barossa Grape & Wine Association (BGWA) is responsible for promoting the Barossa Brand. It serves as the guardian for communicating the Barossa Vision through highlighting its people and places.
To be recognised at home and abroad as Australia's most famous wine region valued for its long heritage, unique diversity of fine wines, and sustainable viticultural practices.
To have winemakers and winegrape growers working collaboratively to achieve a more vibrant and highly valued wine industry based upon the production of wines of excellence, internationally recognised for exceeding consumer expectations and derived through practices that are both environmentally and economically sustainable.
- Commitment to maintain and nurture our culture and heritage.
- Commitment as industry stakeholders to join and work together for the common good.
- Commitment to superior quality and best practices.
- Commitment to environmental and economic sustainability.
- Commitment to research and innovation.
- Commitment to diversity of our region and its products.
- Commitment to the ongoing positioning of Brand Barossa.
- Commitment to our community and our people.
- Pride in our culture and heritage.
ISSUES FOR THE BAROSSA WINE INDUSTRY
- Promotion of the Barossa wine region and its wines
- Best practice Grape and Wine production
- Policy development and implementation