Something Saucy - Cooking School without Walls
26 June 2013, 10:00am-1:00pm
Location: Artisans of Barossa, Cnr Magnolia & Light Pass Roads, Tanunda
Sauces are the cornerstone of my cooking and the key to classic French cuisine. They also inspire fear and dread in most home cooks with the thought that they are over complex but nothing could be further from the truth.
Like baking there are some very simple basics that once understood will open a whole new approach to what you serve and how, including:
- How to make real mayonnaise and hollandaise sauces
- Preparing concentrated, rich stocks and glazes
- Reduction sauces for classic meat and poultry dishes
- What thickeners to use and how
- How to prepare a selection of sauces for fish and shellfish
At the conclusion of this class you will of course get to enjoy taste many of these sauces as part of a long table shared lunch.
When: Wednesday 26th June 2013
Time: 10am – 1pm
Where: Artisans of Barossa Tasting Room
Cost: $160.00 (includes full lesson notes and lunch)
Bookings are essential as class is limited to 6 participants
For bookings and further information contact email@example.com or 0400 660 445.