The Cooks' Base is now open at Provenance Barossa.
What is The Cooks’ Base? We are a food business incubator and we help to launch and grow local food brands. Since 2013, when The Cooks' Base first opened in Prospect, we have helped 20+ food businesses to begin or go to the next level and saved many home cooks time, and money, when preserving abundant home crops.
The Cooks' Base provides access to a commercial kitchen and equipment, business and marketing advice, food production advice and run periodic food-business workshops. The Cooks' Base has programs to introduce tourists and consumers to local food brands within our retail store at Central Market Arcade and within cooking classes run to be run at Provenance. For those who have an idea, or a dream, but don't necessarily have the skill or want to cook themselves, The Cooks' Base are experts in small-batch manufacture and packaging and we can help you with that.
If you've fancied yourself running a food business or are already cooking at home and wish to grow, why wait, get your dream into action and email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 08 7231 0205.
Cooking Classes @ The Cooks' Base
The Cooks' Base are offering Barossa Food Members the opportunity to activate their food brand and educate consumers about their products through short cooking classes / demos at our site at Provenance Barossa and Central Market in Adelaide. (Details below) Provenance Barossa has an estimated 500,000 visitors each year.
• The Cooks' Base will run an online ticketing and marketing/advertising for each class. (Barossa Food members encouraged to use their own social media channels as well)
• Barossa Food members must arrange and supply all staffing for their own cooking class
• Barossa Food members do not need to be regular user members of The Cooks' Base
• Barossa Food members must have own public and product liability insurance
• Barossa Food members are able to sell their products to participants in the class
• Classes to run maximum of 45 minutes to group size of 20. (15 min each hour for setup and cleanup)
• Minimum commitment of 4 classes in each month a class is booked.
• Max class charge is $30 inc GST per participant
• Each class must have a take-home component for participants - it doesn't need to be large, but must be something they made, or participated in.
Two pricing options for Barossa Food members:
- Revenue sharing arrangement - all ticket sales minus 2% processing fee for each ticket are shared between The Cooks' Base and the Barossa Food member.
- Outright hire of facility - $88 inc GST per hour rate for the whole facility. All ticket revenue ( minus 2% processing fee) is passed onto the Barossa Food member.
To discuss further please email email@example.com or phone 08 7231 0205.