About Tourism Barossa
Tourism Barossa is an incorporated body and the peak body representing Barossa tourism operators and any local businesses involved in providing services to tourists. The objectives and purposes of the association are:
- To market and promote the region to maximise visitor yield;
- To optimise the economic value and sustainability of the tourism industry to the region; and
- To enhance the experience of visitors to the region.
The association seeks to achieve this by representing the interests of operators and the Barossa region in the areas of:
- Destination Development: providing advice about best business practice, as well as planning for a sustainable growth across the local tourism industry;
- Destination Marketing: the promotion of the region to potential domestic and international visitors, media and trade; and
- Development of Barossa Festivals and Events.
Tourism Barossa aims to achieve economic and social benefits for business and the community while ensuring the integrity of the region’s vibrant culture, heritage and environment is maintained. Tourism Barossa is a not-for-profit, non-government organisation funded by industry (via membership), The Barossa Council, Light Regional Council and the South Australian Tourism Commission. The organisation is managed by a board of industry and stakeholder representatives from across the region. The skills and experience provided by board members cover areas including: business management, marketing, tourism industry knowledge, strategic planning, local government. The networking potential of the board members is used to influence and generate support from within the industry, and to build relationships with key stakeholders.
Tourism Barossa members share a commitment to the development of sustainable tourism in our region. Membership fees and other cooperative activities enable more effective promotion of the Barossa as a leading tourism destination, helping to build the tourism potential of the region.
The Tourism Barossa team is comprised of:
Jess Greatwich, Communication and Membership Manager;
Taryn Wills, PR/Marketing;